Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WWWAT




The theme for this weeks WWWAT was vintage. I choose to take pictures of a vase that my mom gave to me. This vase was given to my maternal grandma by my great-grandmother. My grandma then passed it down to my mom, who then passed it down to me. Each woman who has been given this vase, is the second daughter in the family. I remember how special getting this from my mom made me feel, and I am looking forward to passing it on to my own second daughter someday :) I know that it is not worth a lot in the monetary sense, but it is worth millions to me. :) For more WWWAT fun visit Rachel's blog!




8 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet tradition! Wonderful pictures.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I love the bright blue of the vase in contrast with the flowers. Beautiful! What I love most is the way it is such a gift. Money doesn't even factor in when it comes to a treasure.

Happy WWWAT!

-Andrea

New Girl on Post said...

I've never seen a vase like that with those colors. It's very unusual and very pretty. I can see why you love it so much.

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i love traditions like that! great pictures :)

Keri said...

That is so pretty! I want one! And the family connection makes it that much more special :)

Laura Paxton said...

What a beautiful vase...and such great memories attached to it!!

Happy WWWAT!

A Crafty Mom said...

It's really beautiful, I love the detail in the painting on it. Cool! How wonderful it has been passed on so long, and will keep on going!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

it's a beautiful vase - and what I really love is that it's been passed down to the second daughter - there's something special about sharing that!