Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stressed and Blessed




That is how I have been feeling lately. We have had a lot going on around here as of late, with my sisters wedding this weekend, getting ready for Christmas festivities, and the semester winding down at work. Most days I have felt like I am barely keeping my head above water, and I hate that feeling. I want to be that super mom who never lets anything bother her, who is super organized, and whose house is always spotless and laundry is always clean. And while I know that it is a bit unrealistic to have those expectations for myself, sometimes it is hard to keep those feelings at bay.



But aside from being stressed, I am also incredibly blessed. I was sitting at the computer tonight editing pictures that I took of Gabe while he was sleeping and I just felt so peaceful and blessed. Pictures of my sleeping babe were just what my heart and mind needed to feel peaceful again.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Our hearts are in the same place right now...

Valerie Hunter said...

Those pictures are so beautiful!! Praying you are able to "let go" a bit of the and enjoy the weekend!