Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Today is my dad's 55th birthday. Hannah and I thought it would be fun to make him a cake, so after seeing another bloggers pictures of a rainbow cake, we decided that would be the way to go. As we were making the cake I realized that I actually only had two colors of food coloring on hand, but I still think it turned out pretty good. Hannah had lots of fun, and was the official sprinkle master :) Happy Birthday Dad!

Hannah and Grandpa posing with the cake.
Hannah's fabulous decorating skills :)

The inside of the cake. Not exactly a rainbow, but still kind of fun!

3 comments:

Kika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keri said...

You did a great job! I love that it's green and blue- perfect for a guy :) Reading this it occurred to me that you could probably switch up the colors in all sorts of ways depending on the holiday or occasion too. I'm thinking red, white and blue for the 4th of July now!

Thanks for sharing!

(PS- that comment above was from me! I forgot I was logged into my gmail account- oops! lol)

Amy said...

Such a great picture of Hannah and your Dad - precious!!! ;-)