Friday, May 6, 2011

Grown up things...

This is probably going to sound pretty silly, but can anyone else relate to those little things that you do that make you feel like a grown up? I planted flowers in my flower bed today....for the first time since we have lived here...and we have lived here for almost 6 years :) As silly as it sounds, it made me feel like a grown up :) I had so much fun taking the kids to the greenhouse, and picking out what we liked, and then bringing it home and planting. We didn't do anything fancy, and only time will tell if these poor plants will manage to survive, but at least for today, I felt like grown up :)

Here is a little bit of what we did today:
Potted geranium...this is Hannah's plant that she picked out :)

Geranium in a hanging basket...my favorite!

Daisies on the step.

My flower beds...geraniums and impatiens...not much to look at yet, but when the impatiens start to spread, I think they will be really pretty :)

Just because I am love with these flowers. Aren't the colors stunning?!

No comments: