Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up

Things are finally starting to settle down around here, and we are beginning to get into a groove. I am a total routine person, and I am starting to feeling like the beginnings of a routine are emerging. The week after Gabe was born, was wonderfully busy, but also exhausting. My sister Steph was in town for a week which was wonderful! We don't get to spend nearly enough time together and it was so fun to get to know her little Sera-bean a little better :) The week included two camp fires with family, visiting with both great-grandma's, and lots of snuggling with my two little turkeys :)

Yesterday we all skipped church and just stayed home and relaxed. We slept in, went for a walk, and I was even able to take Hannah up to the playground by our house for some one on one time with Mommy. Hannah has been adjusting fairly well to having a new baby in the house. I can tell she genuinely loves her little brother :) She doesn't like it when he starts to cry and she will say, "its ok little man" or she will tell me to go and get him because he is crying. Too cute!!

Today we had Gabe's two week check-up at the Dr. He is up to 8lbs 12 ounces (he was 8 lbs 4 ounces at birth) and the Dr. said that he is doing really well. That is always good to hear :) Today was also my first day taking the two kids somewhere by myself. For the most part it went really well. I did have to climb up the plaything at Chick-Fila to rescue Hannah, because while she had no trouble climbing up, coming down was another story :) But other than that it went really well. :)

Well I hear little girls waking up from their afternoon nap, so I must go.

More pictures and Gabe's story coming soon!!

No comments: