Monday, November 9, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice

Practice makes perfect, right? :) I have been practicing learning to use Photoshop to edit my pictures. I feel like I am starting to make some progress, although, it is still kind of intimidating. I like taking pictures, especially of my children (the poor things probably get sick of having a camera in their faces all the time) and I really like the challenge of trying to make my pictures better. So here is my latest effort.
Original picture
Color edited version. I am not sure that you can tell much of a difference on blogger, but it did look better to me in Photoshop than the original.
Black and white edited version. This is my favorite. But I am kind of partial to black and white.

What do you think? What is good and what is not so good? Any pointers or thoughts to share?

Also, does anyone know how to make your pictures look better on blogger? I edit them and like how they look on my computer, but when I upload to blogger, I always think they look fuzzy. And it annoys me...

1 comment:

kirsteniteleader said...

What are you saving them as? If you save them as jpegs, does a window open that lets you choose the quality using a little slide bar? You will want to save them choosing at least 8, High quality. Yes, the file size will be bigger, but that pixelated fuzziness that is so annoying will be at a minimum. You can also check and uncheck the preview box to see if 8 is high enough or if you should bump it up some more. Just go back and forth and look for changes.

If you can (and want), I would advise saving them as png's (portable network graphics). PNGs do not "compress" the file or information, so the fuzziness doesn't happen at all. Choose None when it asks you for options (None should actually already be selected, so really you're just gonna click OK). PNGs can be uploaded to blogspot; they are just not as commonly used as jpegs around the internet because they are "newer" and people with old computers can't see them. But it should be fine for everyone who reads your blog.