Saturday, October 22, 2011

Museum of Natural History

Yesterday I took the kids to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. It was SO MUCH FUN!! The reason that we decided to go, was because this past week, the science part of Hannah's school stuff was dinosaurs. She was way more into it than I thought she would have been, so I figured why not reinforce all the stuff that we read and learned about by actually taking her and Gabe to see the dinosaur bones. Hannah was a little nervous at first (I don't think that she actually realized how big the dinosaurs would be) and Gabe thought it was pretty much the coolest thing in the entire world.

One of the things that really cracked me up was that Gabe kept calling the baboons bapoons and the skunks teddy bears. One of the museum workers really got a kick out of the skunks being teddy bears :) It was also so much fun to watch Hannah practically run from one exhibit to the next, because she was so excited and wanted to take everything in all at once. I have to say that even though are days when doing school at home is frustrating and really works on my patience, days like today are so good for my heart and seeing my kids learn and be excited about learning makes it totally worth it. When we got home Gab couldn't stop telling his daddy all about the dinosaurs (dinos) and Hannah kept saying that the best part of the day was the whole thing :) All in all, it was just a really great day :)









No comments: