Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We are still alive!!

Hello everyone! I promise that I have a good reason for not posting. Nick left the camera at a friends house, and since I normally post pictures, I haven't gotten around to blogging. Things have been interesting here at the Hershberger home. Hannah had her 15 month check up at the doctor yesterday. According to our pediatrician, she is perfect. And I have to say, I couldn't agree more :) The pediatrician was pretty impressed with how clearly she is talking and with the number of words that she says. That made me feel really good, because what parent doesn't like to hear that their kid is doing great! At this check up Hannah weighed in at 20 pounds, one ounce (Yeah!!! we made over the 20 pound mark) and she is 30 inches long.
Aside from the good news we got at Hannah's appt., things have been pretty interesting at our house. Over the weekend, Hannah, myself and my cousins Krista and Megan, were driving home from Canton, and when we were on 77 just a little north of Bolivar, a rather large deer jumped out in front of us. It was truly the scariest thing I have ever experienced. That feeling of having no control over the car was terrifying. Needles to say, we hit the deer, that hit the guard rail, then bounced back onto the highway before coming to a stop on the side of the road. Everyone was ok (thank you Jesus for seat belts and carseats) but our car is pretty banged up. We are waiting to get the official word from our insurance company, but the police officer seemed pretty sure that it was totaled. But the most important thing is that we are all ok...cars are replaceable, but people are not. I know that God was watching over us, because it really it amazing that we didn't hit another car. Thank you Jesus!!!
Well, Hannah is laying on the floor here in the office, and it is time for her morning nap, so I think I will go put the little miss down for her nappy time. Have a great week everyone, and I ill post pictures as soon as we get the camera back.

No comments: