Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Women Drivers...

Do you like the title of my post? Well let me explain a little...you see I think that I may have done my part in the past week or so , to contribute to the idea that women are bed drivers. Let me say for the record that I do not think that women are bad drivers, and that prior to the events of the past week and a half, I had never even had a speeding ticket. As I mentioned in a previous post, I hit a deer with our Toyota about two weeks ago. This put us down to one car, but have done the one car thing for awhile in the past, and it really isn't too bad. Well, yesterday on my way home from babysitting, I was on 39 coming towards Shanesville and was involved in a bit of an accident. What happened was that a truck that was two cars in front of me hit their brakes, and then the Trailblazer directly in front of me hit its brakes, and then I hit my brakes. The Trailblazer narrowly missed hitting the truck, but I did not get stopped fast enough and rear ended the Trailblazer. I really didn't even hit their car very hard at all, and there was no damage to the Trailblazer, but they had a trailer hitch on the back of the car which banged up the bumper, the headlight on the drivers side, and the hood. All of the really important car parts are fine, the engine etc. but now we are left with no car. The whole situation is just REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! I feel like a gigantic idiot, even though I know deep down inside that for the most part, both situations were out of my control. (Anyone who knows me very well knows that I don't like not being in control.:)) Perhaps God is trying to teach me something here....:) Nick and I are both trying to leave the vehicle situation in Gods hands, and trust that he will work things out for the best, as he always does. If you could please pray for us to have wisdom to know how to best handle this whole situation, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

On a side note, we did find out today that the Camry is most definitely totaled. The insurance people called Nick at work today, and said that there was over $10,000 dollars worth of damage to the car. I guess that deer was not messing around :)

Below are some pictures from the past couple of days. Hannah was kind of grumpy and fussy today, she started with a runny nose and a low grade fever. I am hoping that it is just teeth, and that she will be better by Christmas. Have a great week everyone!!Hannah loves to brush her teeth...well, actually she loves to suck the toothpaste off her toothbrush after Mommy has brushed her teeth. :)
We went for a walk today, since it was pretty nice out. This was the first time that Hannah was in her snow suit, and as you can see, she was NOT impressed :)


She just started doing this in the tub...with as much as she loves being in the water, I wonder sometimes if I actually gave birth to a fish.
Crazy hair...she woke up with this goofy "mohawk".
Hannah loves her auntie!


No comments: