Monday, August 27, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, it feels like it has been forever since I have has the time to sit down and update the blog. We have been really busy the past week or so, and I feel like I have hardly even been home. I hate that!! I like to be able to stick to my routine and get everything done in an orderly fashion, not just try and fit things in as I can. But, I am really excited for tomorrow, because I don't have anywhere that I have to go :) I am walking with my friend Heidi and her little boy Ryan tomorrow morning, which I am really looking forward to. But, aside from my walk, a trip to the post office and the library, and some routine housekeeping, my day is completely free :) It may sound trivial, but I am so looking forward to tomorrow!!! Here are some new pictures for you to enjoy :)



Hannah loves her dolly that Grandma Hollingsworth got her for Christmas last year. She is really starting to play with her toys, and right now, books and her doll keep her busy for quite some time. She also really likes getting in the cupboards :)

Nick had an all day softball tournament in Coshocton on saturday. Hannah and Caedon had fun playing with each others toys, and just being buddies :) (I love the way that the wind made Caedon's hair stand up in this picture...it is so cute. )

Hannah is now in her front facing car seat!!! You aren't technically supposed to put them in a forward facing seat until they are a year old, but we bought a new car (well it is used, but new for us :)) and it doesn't have hooks for the car seat, so Hannah's old car seat doesn't work in this car. Luckily the new car seat has a special latch that attaches to the seatbelt, and we can use it in the car. I figured that since she will be one in 13 days anyhow, it would be ok to put her in the new seat a little early. I love it!! It is so nice to be able to see her so much more easily, and the new car seat actually reclines, which is great, because she can sleep so much more easily, and we don't have to worry about her head flopping around while she is asleep. This was particularly handy when we went to Columbus yesterday. She slept the whole way there, and most of the way back :)


We went to Columbus yesterday, to visit Beau, Nicole and Bryson. I mentioned them in an earlier blog...they are the family that the little boy had the lawn mower accident. It was great to see them yesterday, they seem to be doing pretty well, but they definitely still need a lot of prayer. They are going to be coming home some time this week (definitely a praise!!), but that is just the beginning of a really really long road that they have ahead of them. Please continue to pray for healing for Bryson, strength and peace for Beau and Nicole, and for the adjustment of coming home from the hospital this week. Well, after visiting the Hummels, we went to visit Nicks college friends, Obe and Alesha. They live close to Columbus, and we don't get to see them very often, so it was really nice to get together. We got pizza for supper, and just visited and the kids all played together. Aurora, Obe and Alesha's little girl was so cute. She is walking every where, and she is such a sweetie. Before I finish this post, I would also like to ask for prayer for myself this week. I am starting back at Malone on Thursday, and I will be teaching two different labs. This is something I have never done before, and I am nervous about it. The labs are three hours long, and I can't imagine having enough to say to take up three hours :) Thanks so much for your prayer!! I hope that everyone has a fantastic week!!

No comments: