Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Silly Girl!

Check out that tongue!!

Playing with Maggie
Messy eater!!!

Hannah and her buddy Ryan...she kept trying to put that diaper on his head...:)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are having a great week. Ours has been good so far. I survived the craziness of my work schedule last week, and am looking forward to getting settled into our "routine" for this semester. Hannah did well last week, and I kind of think that mommy missed her more than she missed me. She got to spend two days with daddy, one day with aunt Krissy, part of a day with grandma Hershberger and a day with grandma Hollingsworth. Which I know was lots of fun for her :) Thank you to everyone who helped us with babysitting...we are really blessed to have such a great family on both sides, and to have them all so close.

Speaking of Hannah, lately, as in the past week or so, she has started throwing major fits when she doesn't get her way. I am sure that most of it is simply her age, and testing her boundaries, but it is like she goes from smiling and happy toddler to high pitched screaming in 2 seconds. Right now, when she does this, I get down and look her in the eye and say very firmly, Hannah we do not scream when we don't get our way. Then she gets a light smack on the hand. If she continues screaming, I just ignore her (I always check to make sure she isn't hurt first), because I don't want her think that she will get her way by throwing a fit. Sometimes she calms down really quickly and other times she just continues to scream. AHHHHHHH!!! I'm not sure if I am handling this right, so if anyone has any suggestions, leave me a comment with your briliant thoughts. Thanks :)

Other than that, things have been really good for us. We are taking a Dave Ramsey financial class at church, and I really like it. One of the big points that he has made so far is that if you don't tell your money what to do, then it just goes away and you don't know what happened to it. How true is that?! Nick and I are going to start using the envelope system for our monthly groceries, and for our eating out money. I am excited to start doing this and see where it leads us.

I will leave you with a blog that I have been following www.cfhusband.blogspot.com. It is definitely worth looking at if you have the time. Please keep this family in your prayers, as they are going to need them in the coming weeks and months. Have a wonderful and blessed week!

No comments: