Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Yes, these pictures are from today...







Can you believe that in the middle of January it was warm enough for Hannah and I to go to the park and play, and neither of us was wearing a coat? What a beautiful day. I have to confess, I really needed a day like today. Starting with Friday of last week, I have been really really frustrated with my job. Its a long story, and basically what happened was that there was some serious mis-communication between Malone and the hospital that I will be doing clinicals at, and I ended up paying the price for it. I have managed to get everything rearranged to accommodate everyones schedules and get all the things done that I need to do, so that is good. Thank you Nick for being a stay-at-home dad tomorrow and taking care of Hannah!!! I will just be really glad when this week is over and things will get back into a somewhat "normal" schedule. Although I have to wonder sometimes if our lives are really ever all that normal...just a thought :)

Well enough blogging about the things that make me grumpy, and onto why today was such a great day. The day started of wonderfully...Hannah slept in until 8:00 which meant I got to sleep until 7:30. That was fabulous. Hannah had a really good morning, and went down like a champ for her morning nap. She then slept from 10:00 until 12:15. Which was also quite fabulous. :) While she was napping I got all of my house work completed (I ran the vacuum before she went down), and got a shower and even fixed my hair. After she got up and we ate lunch, we ran a couple of errands, and then went to the park to play. We had so much fun swinging and going down the slide. Hannah loves going down the big slide while sitting on my lap. She laughs the whole way down. Just hearing my daughter laugh and squeal with joy and excitement was exactly what I needed. Even though some days she can try my patience to the point of exasperation, her uninhibited laughter can make me forget all the frustrating things, and put a huge smile on my face. Thank you Jesus, for using my precious little girl to remind me what is really important!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love days like that!

You don't know me.This blogging world can be strange that way, but it is very encouraging knowing that there are thousands of christians everywhere!

My family is preparing to go long term to Brazil this summer. We have been walking in this direction for about six years now! In Brazil we will be working with a local church plant,doing outreach, pastoring, bible studies, music ministries, and youth ministries. It is exciting to know that we will be there soon.

The reason I am writing is to ask for financial support. Crazy I know. However our personal contacts are limited due to the fact that Michael's parents are missionaries, already being supported by family and friends, and that we go to a Missions minded church that is at it's peak!

We have always known that we may have to "fish" in a different pond so to speak and the time has come!

If you are interested in anyway please let me know!To ease your mind that we are legit you can visit the our missions website at http://www.bethanyinternational.org
or call them at 952 829 2527!

Thanks for your time,
And Bless you
Cari Dugan