Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sadness

Well, if you have read my blog very often at all you will know that 99% of the time I post about Hannah, and pictures of Hannah. :) Just to give fair warning, this post is not about Hannah. It is about some things that happened this week, that have been on my heart. Some things that I working through, and feeling some sadness about.

The first thing is that one of the little girls that my husband and I sponsor through Compassion decided to quit the program. We have sponsored her for a good six years, and on Monday we got a letter in the mail that said that she was no longer enrolled in the Compassion program. I was shocked. And even though I have never met her face to face I was really really sad. I felt connected to her through her letters, and through watching her grow up in pictures that we got in the mail. I called the Compassion office to see if they had any more information, because the letter that simply said that she was no longer enrolled. The lady that I talked to gave me a little more information, she was in excellent health, she had completed the fifth grade, the Compassion workers had gone to her families house to try to talk about keeping her involved, etc. And then she said something that made me cry. She said that during the program Allison had accepted Christ. I am so so so very glad. I didn't know that before. So even though I know I will never meet her face to face, I know that someday in Heaven I will. And that helps me not to feel quite so sad.

The second thing that I have been processing through is that we got a letter in the mail on Tuesday from our pastor saying that he was resigning. He is feeling called to somewhere else, and we don't know anything more (it is going to be addressed on Sunday), this also made me really sad. I my head I know that a pastor doesn't make a church, but in my heart, I have a hard time imagining my church without Ross. He married Nick and I, was a huge support to us during all the uncertainty of our pregnancy, and he did Hannah's baby dedication. Part of me is really excited about the new opportunities for Ross and his family, and part of me is really sad to think of him leaving. I just need to pray about it, and have some faith. :)

The last thing I want to put in this post is a song that I have fallen in love with. I really like Point of Grace, and my sister in law gave me their new CD last week. This song reminds me of how much Jesus loves me, and that my friends, is definitely NOT sad :)

"Because You Are"
Infinite deity, humbly enframed. In a mortal and breakable body you came.
To rescue our souls from the depth they were in. Because of, in spite of, to cover my sin.
Master and servant together in one. Come to redeem what our hearts had undone.
Savior of all come to gather his kin. Because of, in spite of, to cover my sin.

Holy unbreakable infinite God. Ever unchanging in all that you are.
Light of the world and the sun and the stars. You are I AM and I am because you are.

Shepherd and pastor to wandering sheep. Gave up his life so our own we could keep.
Solider in battle for souls he might win. Because of, in spite of, to cover my sin.

Holy unbreakable infinite God. Ever unchanging in all that you are.
Light of the world and the sun and the stars. You are I AM and I am because you are.

Humbly forsaking his heavenly seat. Beaten and bloodied and washing my feet.
Opened our eyes to what love really means. The blood on my hands is what washes me clean.

Holy unbreakable infinite God. Ever unchanging in all that you are.
Light of the world and the sun and the stars. You are I AM and I am because you are.



No comments: