Saturday, February 7, 2009

Camera is back...sort of :)

Whats this?! A picture...you probably don't know what to think :) Nick figured out this morning that we can just use regular AA batteries in our camera until we can find the special rechargeable ones that we usually use. Mommy was VERY excited :) For some reason, I find it hard to find something to blog about without a picture to go with it...I think that probably means that I am not very creative, but oh well...I am not sure I care :)

So here it is, my belly at 18 weeks and 5 days :) I took about a million pictures, trying to get one that looked decent, and this is still a little off center and fuzzy. Anyhow, if anyone has any suggestions on how to get a good belly picture, I am all ears!! Thanks :)

And just in case you are curious:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashlie,

I actually had my mum pick up fabric when she was in the states. She bought it at Joann Fabrics, it was about $10/yard and it was machine washable (major factor in picking that one). The pattern was a combination of two patterns that I already had - the top pattern was from a basic sundress pattern that's 10 years old. This was the skirt of it - http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M3949.htm??tab=infants_toddlers_children&page=8

Here's a few that are similar to what I did. http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5791.htm??tab=infants_toddlers_children&page=1

The pattern I used for my flower girls in 2005 is Simplicity 4647 and it's very similar. Basically, I'd say just under the knees or calf length - Oceana was still tripping on that dress all day ... Argh! I made a separate poofy petticoat for underneath, I'm sure you can buy something cheaper, but here I can't find stuff like that. It was simply a lined top and a gathered skirt. Simple simple. The band was purchased from David's Bridal to match the bridesmaids.

My suggestion, simple! Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Anonymous said...

awwww. Look how cute you are!!!

((i was never good at my own belly pics. I think taking it from a different angle is always neat tho. Like up high.... or low.))