Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacation pictures, an announcement, and a new link :)

Well, the new link and the announcement are kind of one in the same, so I will talk about that first. Drum roll please.................my sister Stephanie is PREGNANT!!! I have known for a month, but she didn't want to tell anyone outside of immediate family until after her first Dr. appt., so I have been holding it in until now. Do you realize how hard that is?! It was HARD!! But I managed to keep my yapper shut, and her first appt. was on Friday, and everything looks great! She is a little over 8 weeks along, and they got to have an ultrasound, and the baby looks perfect! :) Since my sister lives about six hours away, I decided to make her a blog and then force her to use it (hahaha :)) so that she can keep me updated with pictures and all the fun stuff that goes along with being pregnant. Check her out at Babymomma, or you can click on the link on my blog list that is Steph's blog.

Here are some of the pictures from mine and Hannah's visit to see my preggo sister this past week. We had sooo much fun! I love being able to talk to Steph in person EVERY day for five days in a row. We do a good job of keeping in touch with phone, email, and IM, but talking in person is soo much better :)

First we have some fun pics:

Hannah playing with her uncle Lance. He taught her to throw dice and poker chips. She clearly thought this was great fun!!

Hannah eating yogurt, or as she calls it oogurk...I am not sure if more got in mouth or on her shirt :) Oh well, it washes out :)
Farmer's market. They had a bunch of animals for the kids to look at. Hannah was really fascinated with the "dickens" aka, chickens :)
"DICKENS MOMMY!!!"
Since my sister and her hubby live close to Hershey, we decided to go to Chocolate World. It is free...I love free...and they had a fun ride that tells you all about the process of making chocolate. And we got chocolate at the end of the ride. Yummmmmm...:)
The singing cows at Chocolate World. Hannah was a little afraid of them at first, but by the time we left she was going on and on about the "boo's" (her word for cows, somehow moo got turned into boo and now cows are called boo's).
Enjoying an M&M cookie at the Hershey Outlets. Do you see the M&M stuck to the side of her face :) Too cute!
Look mom, I dumped all my fruit snacks out...Yikes!
This group of pictures is from my FAVORITE thing that we did while we were visiting. Steph found this really awesome place called the Whittaker Center and one of the things that they had was an area called Kids Place. It was made for kids five and under, and they had all kinds of really cool things for the kids to play with. I took a ton of pictures, so I put them in a collage (and this isn't even a fourth of what I took) so that this post wouldn't be a mile and a half long. :) They had a water table, an ambulance for the kids to play in, a mini market, a stage with dress up clothes for kids to play with, an area with mats and blocks for the kids to play on and in and a little house with different levels and a slide. It was seriously they coolest place. Hannah had a blast playing there!! We stayed for almost 2 hours, and I sure she would have played for longer if it hadn't been supper time and her mommy and preggo auntie were hungry :)

Well, that is my week in a nutshell. I hope everyone else had a great week too. I had a great visit with my sister, but it is good to be home too :)


2 comments:

Keri said...

mmmmmm, chocolate world...That's a vacation right up my ally!

Congrats on your new niece or nephew! Looks like Hannah will have a new playmate next year :) How exciting!

Megan said...

chocolate world?!

it looks like you had a great time!

Megan