Thursday, August 7, 2008

Car Wash!

It was so nice out today that Hannah and I decided to give the van a good scrubbing. Well I mostly decided, but she was a more than willing participant :) She had lots of fun being my helper :) I was inspired after reading Andrea's blog, at Sgt. and Mrs. Hub. I thought that if she could take three kids to the car wash, surely I could stay at home and do it with one :) We even wiped down the inside and vacuumed it out too :) Yay for productivity!!!!





Lately Hannah has been really talking up a storm. I love to watch her learn new words, and it is especially fun to watch her try out new words for the first time. Its almost like you can see her brain working as her mouth forms each new sound. I find it particularly cute how she mis-pronounces some words. Some of my favorite "Hannah-ism's" are:

dickens - chickens
waffee - coffee
boo's - cows
boo's house - barn
oogurk - yogurt
gapes - grapes
wawoo - water
hop corn - popcorn

I am sure there are a bunch more that I will think of when I am done with this post, but those are my favorites for right now. :) I can't believe that Hannah will be 2 in just a little over a month. The time is just flying by, and sometimes it makes me a little sad. I guess that is why I wanted to write down the funny little things she says, because some day way too soon, she will be all grown up. "Sigh" :( I love my little girl :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow...she IS a helper!! I love those "Hannah-isms"! Did you see that blog post on SIMPLE about the translation tees? It's where you can get a picture on the front of a tee with the word in the way your child pronounces it. HILARIOUS! Here's the website in case you haven't seen it.
www.temporarylanguage.com

Megan said...

too cute- our kids all had the hardest time saying "yogurt"! i love that last picture!