Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

My dad is off work this week, so this morning, my mom, Hannah, my dad, and myself went for an 8 mile bike ride, then had a picnic in the park. And of course we couldn't go to the park with out some swinging time, as well as some silliness on the teeter-totter. :)
Hannah managed to con both of her grandparents into pushing her on the swings. At separate times, and both at the same time. :)
Hannah thought it was really funny to wear grandpa's hat.
This may be my favorite picture from the day. Yes those are my parents...on the teeter-totter. :) The look on my dad's face is priceless :)

The best part of the day though, was this conversation I overheard between Hannah and my mom. Hannah was swinging and my mom was pushing her, and Hannah was pointing to the sky and saying, "light, light." She was showing my mom the sun. And Mom replied, "Yes Hannah, that's the sun. Jesus put the sun in the sky so we can all have light." Such a simple and obvioius statement, but it reminded me how blessed I am to have such godly parents, and how incredibly blessed Hannah is to have such amazing grandparents. God is so good!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Ashlie! Here is the exact website for the pattern...

http://www.mykarmababy.com/pages/BabySlingPattern.php

Hopefully you can get it to pull up. If not, just google "Karma Baby", and click on the one that says "Make your own baby sling!"

You can e-mail me if you have any questions! My e-mail is on my blogger profile page. : )