Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First prayer

I don't think I have mentioned this before on here but Hannah is terrified of loud noises. Tractors in particular terrify her. At night time before bed we pray that Jesus will keep us safe and we always throw in there that Jesus will protect us and won't let any tractors get us. This may seem kind of silly, but to her two year old mind it is really really scary. Anyhow after her nap, Hannah was sitting on my lap and said, "Mommy I prayer." I said, "Ok honey." Then she folded her hand and said, "Jesus, no tractor get you. Amen" She has never initiated a prayer on her own before, and this took me a little bit by suprise, and completely melted my heart. And yes, I teared up a little bit. My deepest desire is for Hannah and any other kids we may have someday to know Jesus, personally and intimately. I pray this is the beginning of that relationship! :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

those are always sweet moments!

Megan

Anonymous said...

AWWW!

My Corey is afraid of the same sort of noises.

this will be something about her that you never forget.

BTW:

are you still PLURAL?!?!?