Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Strawberry Muffins

A couple of weeks ago I was reading Andrea's blog and she was telling about how once a week she brings in baked goods for the teachers at her daughters school. I thought that was a really great idea, so I decided to make it my goal to bring something for the nurses on the floor that I have students on once a week. We are there on Thursdays and Fridays, so I made it my goal to bring something every Thursday. This week I made strawberry muffins. I this recipe from the lady who did the cooking at the bed and breakfast that Nick and I stayed at on our honeymoon. I like it because the strawberries are something different from your typical blueberries or other fruits you put in muffins. Here is the recipe if you would like to try it. :)

Fresh Strawberry Muffins
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.2 tsp salt
1 cup freshly sliced strawberries (you can use frozen you just have to thaw and drain them really well)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Beat eggs slowly and add sugar slowly. Add the melted butter, sour cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. Gradually add the dry ingredients, then fold in the strawberries. Bake for 20 min, or until golden on top.



I had Hannah taste test them, and I think she approved :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is sooooo nice of you!!!

i might THINK of it...but never do it....

very thoughtful:-)

Stephanie said...

Ah, I love the way you are...you are amazing!

stacey said...

YUMMM~ I am SOOO going to make these this week they sound so good!