Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of Sunday School



(She didn't want to look at the camera....oh well :))

Today was Hannah's first day of Sunday School!! I couldn't believe it. At our church when the kids are two they stop going to the nursery and start going to Sunday School. Hannah will be two on Tuesday, so today was the big day. :) And she did really well. She was a little unsure about everything when I first dropped her off, but once her teacher showed her where she got to put a sticker by her name, she was good to go. When I talked to her teacher after Sunday School, she said she did good, and only fussed when she saw me coming to pick her up. So I think that is really good for the first time!!!!

Last night we went to the local high school band show with my parents. I was in the band in high school, I played the trumpet, and Nick and I thought it might be something that Hannah would enjoy. And she LOVED it. While the first two bands were playing she was sitting on Nicks lap in complete awe. I mean staring, open mouthed awe. And after that, each time a song was over she kept saying, "more songs?" It was too cute!! I really wish I had brought my camera.

On a completely unrelated noted, we have sort of started potty training. So far it is going pretty well. I had attempted it a couple of months ago, and Hannah was NOT ready, and it was so incredibly frustrating, that I quit. Last week she brought me her undies and asked to wear them. I thought, ok, it won't hurt. And she just started peeing on her potty. I really can't take any credit for it, she just did it herself. AND I LOVE IT!!!! She still has accidents if she gets really busy playing, and I haven't been brave enough to go out without a diaper, but it is a good start :) So hopefully I didn't jinx it by posting about it ;) I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww......so sweet. Our church is so small that all the kids are together in one room.

What a big girl!!

Megan said...

oh yeah, take your time on that going out without a diaper thing! baby steps.... :)

Megan