Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vaccums?

So our current vacuum is dying a slow and painful death. We are hard on vacuums, we have a hairy dog in the house, and I sweep almost every day. What we currently have is this:

Hoover Empower Bagless Upright


It has lasted a little over three years, and it does a fairly good job of picking up the dog hair. My question is this. Do you think that it is worth the extra money to get something like this Dyson?

Dyson DC17 Animal Vacuum

I would love to get your opinions on what you like, love, dislike and hate about your current vacuum. And let me know if you think it is worth it to spend the extra money or not. And thanks in advance for your help :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I never thought it was worth spending extra money on a vacuum until I got married and my husband had a Dyson. Now, I don't think I could ever go back. I also want to add that the Dyson guy drives me nuts on the commercial. But at least he makes good vacuums!

sues2u2 said...

I have one of the Dysons. The one for pets & serious allergies. Other than the price & that I don't think the instruction manual is helpful, this is the best vacuum I have ever owned. We have 2 long hair dogs, 2 med hair cats & my daughter & myself who shed just as much as the critters! Hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

We are the same on being bad with vacuums. I am very tough on them! We have had 5 I think in 10 1/2 yrs. If I had the money, I would SO buy a Dyson.

Good luck!