Saturday, September 20, 2008

First time at the Fair

Last night my friend Heidi and I took our kids to the county fair for some good old fashioned fun. Hannah is really obsessed with cows and barns and pigs and chicens etc., so I thought she would have a lot of fun going through all the barns and seeing all the animals. And she did!! It was so much fun, and I had to laugh when I asked her what her favorite was, she said with no hesitation, it was the "piggies." In fact, she had such a good time that we (my husband and I this time) took her back again tonight. And again, she said the piggies were her favorite. Although she was really impressed with watching the horses being ridden too. :) It was really fun to watch her realize that the things that she sees in the books we read her and the toys that she plays with, are actually real live animals. I love watching her little mind work and figure things out:)
Playing in one of the cow stanchions...who knew it could be so much fun :)
Checking out the baby piggies...definitley the favorite of the night :)
The baby ducks and chicks were also a huge hit :)
Gotta love a little girl in her bibs :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be quite a fair to go back again! Aren't baby animals precious?

stacey said...

It looks like you had a really great time! The baby piggies sound SO cute:)

Keri said...

I love the fair! Looks like you had a great time :)

Megan said...

oh, you even got the overalls out for the big day- to cute!

Megan